Crostino Recipe: The Perfect Appetizer (and Snack) – The Pasta Queen
Let’s make a “crunchino!” – my made up name for a perfect, fast snack full with the flavors of Italy — The Crostino.
With Crostini, you have the beautiful taste of extra virgin olive oil, fresh mozzarella and San Daniele Prosciutto which makes up the perfect antipasto, snack or appetizer (whatever you want to call it!). It’s just gorgeous.
Ingredients for Crostini:
– Bread (Baguette or Tuscan Loaf works)
– San Daniele Proscuitto
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Fresh Mozzarella
– Basil (for decoration and a whiff of excellence)
0. Wear something to make yourself gorgeous. It doesn’t matter what it is, but I promise this crostini will taste better if you do.
1. Drizzle some olive oil and toast your bread preferably in a skillet until golden brown.
2. Once toasted on both sides, add some mozzarella slices and stick it in the oven at 390 for a few minutes until it becomes a melting beauty — just like you are.
3. Lay the prosciutto like a soft blanket.
4. A drizzle of olive oil, a scraNCH of pepper and it’s ready to serve. Add basil for visual perfection. Your guests will thank you.