Healthy Recipes | Buffalo Cauliflower Wings + Homemade Vegan Ranch Dip
Happy and Healthy Holidays to Everyone!
RECIPE: BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS w/ VEGAN RANCH DIP
This batter-free, easy-to-make recipe is a good option for those of you that want to eat healthier but still want to get the tastes of those vice foods we’re known to love. I wanted to share this “Healthy Vice Food” idea with you guys that I have been using as a go-to lately! Use this recipe for any type of event you’re hosting, going to, or simply if you just want to enjoy something delicious as a snack or appetizer to a meal!
Hope you enjoyed this video and thank you for watching!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1st Group: The WiNGS
Unrefined Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2nd Group: The SAUCE
Plant Milk (I used Sweetened Pea Milk)
3rd Group: The DiP
Vegan Sour Cream
Pink Sea Salt
1. Break up a head of organic cauliflower into bite-size pieces
2. Spray or drizzle unrefined EVOO and toss
3. Place in oven at 450º F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
4. Take out of oven (leave oven on) and put back into bowl and apply buffalo sauce
5. Apply HOMEMADE BUFFALO SAUCE (3/4’s HOT SAUCE, 1/4 Garlic Powder/Onion Powder/Plant Milk) and toss well
6. Place back on baking tray at 450º F and let bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy
7. After putting pieces in for 2nd bake, make your VEGAN RANCH DIPPING SAUCE (throw a 1/2 cup Vegan Sour Cream, 1/4 Cup Plant Milk, Diced Green Onion, Fresh Squeezed Lemon, Garlic/Onion Powder, Himalayan Sea Salt in a blender and let the magic happen) and throw it into a bowl
8. When Cauliflower takes on that dried/crispy texture, take them out of the oven and let them sit for a couple minutes.
9. Cut up a few celery sticks, put bowl of vegan ranch in middle of a serving tray with cauliflower pieces around it, serve and enjoy.
•Panko stays crisp after cooking, unlike other types of breadcrumbs which tend to get soggy.
•Panic breadcrumbs is lower in calories, sodium, fat, and higher in fiber than regular breadcrumbs.
•1/4 cup Panko Breadcrums is: 70 calories, 0.5 g fat, 14 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 23 mg sodium.
•If you want the cauliflower to have more a true “wing” look, keep the pieces bigger than usual.
•Depending on how much cauliflower you are serving, should dictate how much buffalo sauce you apply.
2 Suggestions to sub for: PANKO BREADCRUMBS
WHOLE WHEAT PANKO BREADCRUMBS otherwise don’t you ever sub anything for Panko Breadcrumbs; you’re getting health benefits!
2 suggestions to sub for BUFFALO SAUCE:
Tobasco Sauce, Sriracha
2 Suggestions to sub for VEGAN RANCH DIPPING SAUCE:
Vegan Blue Cheese (FYI: real vegan blue cheese takes over a month to make), Hummus
2 Suggestions to Sub For GREEN ONION with Vegan Dip:
Chives, Italian Parsley
Keep up with me on your fav social media apps: @brettcap
Recent Workout Videos:
•Stability/Exercise Ball Workouts for @ Home: https://youtu.be/q-0Mh5uAweI
•Standing Core Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TchvNL1PcYs
•@ Home Lower-Ab & Back Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcnXuj0Oo8
•HIIT Circuit (WARNING: SORENESS IS COMING): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81YRLOPxX8
Recent Vlog Videos:
•Updated Food Shop Vlog 10/30: https://youtu.be/JatQeEcqndA
•First Vegan Food Shopping Vlog
•Plant-Based Lunch/Dinner Options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRchHQMXbLs
Recent Recipe Videos:
•Dairy-Free Frosty Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=NcjiTBO-ghQ
•Dairy-Free Post-Workout Shakes Recipes
Music For This Video: @ElectricBodega Instrumentals