Malai Methi Mutter | North Indian Punjabi Main Course | Recipe by Smita in Marathi
Learn how to make restaurant style delicious Malai Methi Mutter recipe at home from our chef Smita Deo on Ruchkar Mejwani. Malai Methi Mutter is a popular North Indian Punjabi main course recipe where fenugreek leaves (methi) are cooked in rich cashew paste and onion gravy along with green peas (mutter) and topped with fresh cream (malai).
1 Medium Bunch of Fenugreek Leaves
1 Cup Fresh Green Peas
4 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
1/2 Fresh Cup Cream
1/2 inch Ginger
3 Green Chillies
1/2 Cup Cashews, soaked in water
2 tbsp Oil
– Apply little salt to the fenugreek leaves and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Then squeeze out all the water from the leaves and wash it thoroughly. Chop the leaves finely.
– To make the gravy in a mixer grinder add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cashew and little water. Grind everything to a paste.
– In a pan heat some oil. Add the masala paste and saute for 10 minutes.
– Then add green peas and little water. Mix well. Cover it and let the peas cook.
– In another pan heat some oil.
– Add chopped fenugreek leaves and saute for few minutes.
– Check if the peas are done. Add the fenugreek leaves and mix everything well.
– Add sugar, salt and little water. Mix well.
– Add fresh cream and mix well.
– Cover it for 5 minutes.
– Malai Methi Mutter is ready to be served. Tastes best with crunchy paratha or roti.
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=ruchkarmejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts