Matar Paneer Recipe / How to Make Paneer Mutter Masala | Indian Home Style Cooking
Matar Paneer, Mutter Panner Masala or मटर पनीर is a homely Indian main course dish, this cheesy peas is a to-go dish for many of us. Be it Jeera Rice or Plain Parathas, Matar Paneer never fails to tantalize the taste buds. Make this home-style shahi matar paneer which has a Punjabi touch to it, & share how it turns around for you.
More Paneer Recipes : https://goo.gl/vXY7Pz
For Gravy :
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
Onions – 2 (roughly chopped)
Salt – as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 5 (roughly chopped)
For finishing the sabzi : Oil/Ghee : 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 (small, finely chopped)
Red Chili Powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Tomato Puree / Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Cream – 2 tbsp
Ginger Juliennes – 1″
Green Chili Slits – 2
Matar / Peas – 1 cup (parboiled)
Paneer – 300g (cubed)
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
1. For Gravy : In a hot pan, add in the oil & as it gets hot, add in the cashewnuts and roast them for a minute or two.
2. Add in the roughly chopped tomatoes and the salt as per taste and cook the onions until golden.
3. After the onions get golden, add in the ginger garlic paste and stir for a minute.
4. Chopped tomatoes goes in next, and cook until they get mushy. Turn off the flame, let it cool down, then blend to a smooth paste.
5. For finishing the sabzi : In a kadhai/pan, add in the oil and after it gets hot, goes in the jeera/cumin seeds. After they sizzle, add the onions and cook for a minute.
6. Lower the flame, and add the spices – red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasoori methi, fennel powder, turmeric powder and salt. Roast the spices for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
7. Add in the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook them for a minute, then goes the gravy paste, tomato ketchup & cream & stir around.
8. Peas, Ginger, Green Chili goes in next, along with some water to adjust the consistency, cook them out for a couple minutes, then add in the cubes of paneer.
9. Finally, sprinkle in a touch of garam masala & turn the flame off. Gorge this matar paneer with your favorite rice or bread dish 🙂
Website: http://www.cookingshooking.com | http://www.cookingshooking.in