Seekh Kabab Recipe – How to Cook Hyderabadi Seekh Kabab at Home – Easy, Quick & Simple
Seekh Kabab from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON :
Youtube Subscribe -https://goo.gl/c1S3LX
Website – http://www.hyderabadwala.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/hyderabadwale?ref=hl
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+Hyderabadwala
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Hyderabadwalaa
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hyderabadwalarecipes/
Boneless mutton: 1/2 kg
Charoli/chironji: 50 grams (4 tablespoons approximately)
Roasted bengal gram/phula chana dal: 25 grams (2 1/2 tablespoons approximately)
Onion: 1 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon (or as per the taste)
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder/spices: 1/2 teaspoon
Cubeb/kabab chini powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Chopped mint leaves: 2 tablespoons
Chopped coriander: 2 tablespoons
Whole green chilli: 1
Oil: For frying + 1 tablespoon
1. Grind together charoli or chiroji and roasted bengal gram or phula chana dal into a powder.
2. Deep fry sliced onion till brown and crisp. Remove from the pan.
3. Take boneless mutton with most of its fat removed.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, spices or garam masala powder, cubeb or kabab chini powder, turmeric powder, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander, chopped green chilli, lemon juice to the mutton.
5. Add the ground powder of charoli and roasted bengal gram.
6. Crush the fried onions and add to the mutton.
7. Add 1 tablespoon cooked oil (take from the oil used for frying the onions).
8. Add few pinches red food colour (optional).
9. Mix well and grind together into a paste without using water.
10. Adjust salt as per the taste (add 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per the taste).
11. Mix well, close the lid and refrigerate for about half an hour so that the paste gets firm and can be easily wrapped around the skewers.
12. Take a large portion of the mixture and wrap around the skewer.
13. Wet your hands with water to facilitate the wrapping.
14. Keep the skewers on the grill and apply or brush with oil. (You can keep the skewers on rotation and you can use thread to tie the wrapped mixture from falling from the rotating skewers). You can either grill or even fry these kababs.
15. Now warm the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade.
16. Bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 20 to 30 minutes each side.
17. Apply oil to the other side as well.
Seekh kababs are ready. Serve hot with pudine ke chutney.