Veg Biryani In Pressure Cooker | Vegetarian Recipes
2 tbsp Ghee
1/2tsp Black Pepper Corns
1 Small Cinnamon Stick
2 Green Cardamoms
2 Bay Leaves
1 Star Anise
1 fennel seed
2tsp Cumin Seeds
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 tsp lemon
½ cup Onions (Chopped)
2 green chillies
1tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
½ cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup Fried Onions
2 tbsp coriander leaves
½ cup Carrots (Chopped)
½ cup beans (Chopped)
½ cup Cauliflower
100g Diced Potatoes
½ cup Peas
½ cup capsicum
150g Mushrooms (Sliced)
2tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
3 tbsp Knorr Chef’s Biryani Masala
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup Curd
1/4 cup Saffron Water
Salt To Taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tbsp ghee
6 cashew nuts
1. In a pressure cooker or pressure pan, heat oil + ghee, add all the ingredients mentioned under seasoning.
2. Add fennel if you like the taste of fennel. Else, add shahjeera (royal cumin seeds) instead of fennel seeds.
3. Saute for a few seconds.
4. When it sizzles, add thinly sliced onions and green chilli.
5. Saute until onions turn translucent.
6. Add ginger garlic paste.
7. Saute until the raw flavor goes.
8. Add chopped tomatoes.
9. Saute the tomatoes for a few seconds.
10. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder,a little salt and Knorr Chef’s Biryani Masala.
11. Saute until the tomato becomes mushy and the raw smell of the spice powder goes.
12. Add half of the mint and all the coriander leaves.
13. Add all the vegetables.
14. Mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
15. Add soaked and drained basmati rice and mix well.
16. Add 3 cups of hot water. Add additional salt needed if (remember we have already added a little salt).Taste the water and adjust spice powder and salt.
17. Add the rest of the mint leaves and squeeze juice of half a lemon.
18. Mix well and bring it to boil.
19. When water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and close the cooker. Do not put the whistle/weight, instead invert a small cup on the vent to prevent steam from escaping.
20. Cook on very low heat for 5-6 minutes or until all the water has evaporated. Switch off the heat.
21. Open the cooker after 5 minutes and fluff the rice with a fork.
22. Heat 1-2 tsp of ghee and saute the cashew nuts until golden brown. Add to the biryani and mix gently.
23. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and enjoy it with onion raita or carrot raita or cucumber pachadi.